Random Thoughts

I'm a reluctant Alaskan, a frenzied mother and a lucky wife.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska

I love sunshine, the sound of silence, and chocolate. I am a mother of seven - including a set of three surviving quads, a singleton, and twins. Life is loud, chaotic and oh, so fun! Reading is my escape, writing gives me a voice, and running is my favorite path to endorphins.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The First (Substantial) Snowfall of the Winter

The house is quiet except for the hum of the refrigerator. Not even the fire in the fireplace crackles (thanks to natural gas). As I sit on the couch and watch out the window, the falling snow absorbs all sound. Even the babbling of the creek below our house is completely muffled. A blanket of snow wraps our frozen world in softness and somehow defies the harshness of winter. In Alaska, this is my favorite season. The beauty is unmatched and in spite of the bitter temperatures, I am allowed to bundle up and sip hot cocoa to my heart's content and be at peace.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mother of Four said...

It really is beautiful. XOXXOOXXO
Miss you so much..

January 25, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home